This week’s topic was political games, and the task is below:
Primary Research Task
• Play a political game
• Is it deliberately political? or TANGENTIALLY political? Is it disruptive in some way – Carnivalesque?
• Is it fun? If not, why not? If it is fun, how does it achieve that engagement for the player? Does the game emphasise player agency?
• What are the rules of the system? Does it employ procedural rhetoric?
• What do the rules mean in relation to the real world?
• How do I feel in response to the rules of the game? Manipulated? Happy to engage? Why?
May need to look at the links Sharon put up for us:
• http://www.gamasutra.com/views/ news/180775/ Video_Cutthroat_Captialism_educates_ without_manipulation.php
• http://www.gamesforchange.org/play/ september-12th-a-toy-world